help ballad pushpit

Antworten
BalladExchangeDB
Capt'n

help ballad pushpit

Beitrag von BalladExchangeDB »

hello
while on its mooring my pushpit was badly damaged and i need a new one!
does anyone have a template? or can offer an suggestions for fabrication?
or know of a spare parts shop?
yours
tim
BalladExchangeDB
Capt'n

Re: help ballad pushpit

Beitrag von BalladExchangeDB »

jtighe wrote on May 9
Hi Tim,

I had the unfortunate opportunity to have a pulpit made for my ballad after a collision. Long story, but the company I used, Whitewater Marine, did a great job. All they required were a few measurements, a photo of the damaged pulpit, and a mock-up of the base (I just cut the the base off the damaged pulpit and sent it to them). Their website is http://www.whitewatermarineinc.com/index.html They're in Michigan, US. The pulpit was perfect. Alternatively, you could try welding the damaged pulpit. It'll look a bit rough, I imagine, but if you can live with that, it's certainly cheaper than having a new one made. One thing to consider, though, is that stainless is pretty easy to work-harden, so if the pulpit is badly deformed, bending it back to shape might weaken it considerably, which is not something you want to "discover" when you're bracing yourself against it in a seaway. Good luck.

Joe
baludick wrote on May 10
Hi Tim
Had the same happen to Balu in Devon, UK. A local stainless steel fabricator made a perfect copy using the feet of the old one as a patten for the deck fit. They are based in Plymouth UK. Would strongly advise you not to try and 'bodge' repair the old one! I think mine cost about £900 but the other guys insurance paid.
Dick
wolfee101 wrote on May 11
thank you dick, did you fit it? or get someone to do it?
tim
prjacobs wrote on Jun 20
The Ballad I'm looking at also has a damaged pushpit. Is the tubing 25mm or is it 25.4mm (1")
Peter.
wolfee101
wolfee101 wrote on Jun 20
hello not sure about tubing size sorry....the difference is so small, i could easily make a mistake with a ruler,
tim
Antworten