Diesel Fuel Sensor

Antworten
BalladExchangeDB
Capt'n

Diesel Fuel Sensor

Beitrag von BalladExchangeDB »

The rheostat/float from my fuel sensor - made by VDO- serial no 81/9/1 - 2/72
is faulty - the coil in the rheostat has degraded. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement ?

Mark Bennett
CIAO Ballad 44
BalladExchangeDB
Capt'n

Re: Diesel Fuel Sensor

Beitrag von BalladExchangeDB »

jespermilling wrote on Feb 10, '08
Did you ask at the local equipment store? did you look it up on the web? It seems there is new metering float thing available in the catalog from my local store that would fit the hole in the tank ( I live in Denmark) but it also seems one would have to know the resistance range (Ohm range) it should work in, to fit the display.

Jesper
cpgpenn wrote on Jan 25, '09
msn-puredrop5 said
O/E VDO sensors are still available but expensive. I put in a generic replacement. Where are you located?
jespermilling wrote on Jan 25, '09
Hi Colin

Thanks for making the first post on the new Ballad Exchange. I hope it wasn't to difficult to work out how to do it.

Furthermore thanks for your reply to Mark Bennet. It seems though, that Mark has not joined the new Ballad Exchange yet, and right now I don't seem to have access to his mail address at the old site. I will try to write him, that you have a tip for him, and encourage him to join our new group.
peterohman wrote on Feb 18, '09
When I dismounted my one to replace it I noticed that the part that slides on top of the resistor simply was worn out and had disappered. So I welded on a part of a round cupper-nail to replace the missing part, and now it works again, for another 30 years I hope...
Peter
Antworten