Double Berth in Saloon

Antworten
BalladExchangeDB
Capt'n

Double Berth in Saloon

Beitrag von BalladExchangeDB »

As offered and requested: here are the pictures of our double berth in the main cabin.:

Please note: The settee mattress extends all the way to the hull side. The side panel is made removeable, but only for the aft most 75%. The birth is 115 cm wide, including a little of the sloping side of the hull.

The principle of the extra sliding buttom:
Bild

The original frontpiece of the settee is fastened to the sliding buttom with a 20X20 millimeter L-bar 1,5 mm thick. In the corners I used litlle pieces of the L-bar. The wooden bars at the ends are 15X33 mm. All moving parts were rubbed with a candle on their contact surfaces, otherwise the whole thing gets stuck when being pulled out. The plywood board is a 9 mm 5 layer board, form the hardware store, not a real marine plywood board. I even colored it with some mahogany color.

The sidepanel was taken completely off, cut in two, and the forward part screwed back on. The aft part was reduced in size to make room for the mattress which extends behind the panel.
Bild

The removeable side panel is repositioned by pushing it up into the slot between the upper panel and the shelf. Small pieces of sidepanel were cut out around the holes, and screwed in place with a piece of cardboard to widen the slot enough to make room for removing and reinserting the removeable side panel. The whole arrangement is very easy to convert.

Down below the side panel is secured in both ends like this:
Bild

I tilt the panel a little, and let it gently slide up into the slut it was always positioned in. Then I fasten it below as shown above. The extra mattress pieces as well as the covers, pillows and the sheet fits behind the panel.
Bild

Sidepanel in place:

Normal daytime setup:
Bild

Hi Friends!

I have been asked why pictures don't show here on Multiply, and where to find something on the double berth that was once described on Ballad Exchange.

I don't really know what has happened to alle the pictures we don't see anymore in many postings, but Multiply offers endless amount of space for images, while at the same time deleting images after a couple of months. I don't know if deletion is only done when images are uploaded in full filesize for printing, that might be the case, and then maybe many of our pictures from the old MSN Groups forum where transferred as such????? Personally I am not happy with Multiply.

The double berth however was my own creation, and I will post all the pictures of it I can find, rigth here right now. Unfortunately I can't find all the pictures I made back then, so I cannot show how the double berth is actually made, only what it looks like.

The side panel is removed, and cut i two. The forward part is put back on, the aft part is reinforced with a beam at the bottom, and made to be easily removed. An extra sheet of plywood is made to be pulled out to extend the bottom. But this was all so nicely photographed and illustrated. it's really sad it cant be found anymore. I couldn't find it, can someone else?
Dateianhänge
IMG-6189.JPG
IMG-6189.JPG (92.04 KiB) 49925 mal betrachtet
IMG-6188.JPG
IMG-6188.JPG (106 KiB) 49925 mal betrachtet
BalladExchangeDB
Capt'n

Re: Double Berth in Saloon

Beitrag von BalladExchangeDB »

Pictures from the original post.
Dateianhänge
Unbenannt6.png