The Trawler Kerosene Lamp

Antworten
BalladExchangeDB
Capt'n

The Trawler Kerosene Lamp

Beitrag von BalladExchangeDB »

We have a kerosene lamp onboard that is very cosy. It is called the Trawler Lamp, and you may buy it from a lot of places but here is a link to one place and a description of the lamp: http://www.oillampman.com/denhaan/trawler1.htm. The lamp does not supply too much lighting, even though if we run out of electrical power we would shurely be happy to have it. Reading by the lamp IS possible. The lamp however radiates heat like a little stow, and that can be very nice on a chilly evening. I have taken some pictures to show how we store it. And sometimes use it. First how we use it while it hangs in its permanent place.

Then how we hang it in the middle:

This is where it always hangs. protected by the mast from any persons banging in to it. It hangs by a hook in the ceiling, and is guided by two clothpin shaped pieces of plastic pibe.

This is a lousy picture and I apologize, but I hope you get the idea:

I took a plastik (PE) pibe, drilled a hole through it, and cut an opening into the hole from the end. The opening is wedge shaped, like the opening in a clothes pin. in the buttom of the opening it is narrower than the diameter of the hole.

You just hang the lamp in the hook in the ceiling, and snap two of the lamps guards (or whatever they are called) into the guides. Simple, effective, decorative, cosy, and practical.

Kind regards Jesper M. B1200 "Søstjernen" of Dyreborg.
BalladExchangeDB
Capt'n

Re: The Trawler Kerosene Lamp

Beitrag von BalladExchangeDB »

msn-falmouthballad1 wrote on Oct 19, '05
Hi Jesper

Thanks. It looks a good arrangement for fixing the Trawler lamp. Has it stayed in place when you have been out in a blow going to windward?

Best wishes

David
msn-patentnick1 wrote on Nov 15, '05

Hi Jesper:

After a few back-and-forths between a UK distributor and a US supplier, I’m the proud owner of a Den Haan Trawler Lamp. Alas, it arrived with a broken glass flute.

Since I don’t want to go through the hassle of ordering something from the U.S. again,do you know where I can get replacement glass flutes. (For the time being,

I’ve found one locally which I had to cut because it was too long.) Also, when you

mentioned “Trawler kerosene lamp” in your previous mails you surely meant
that it’s actually an oil lamp. Am I correct?

-Nicholas
msn-patentnick1 wrote on Feb 28, '06
I'm attaching 3 photos of how I've mounted my Trawler lamp. The neoprene o-ring in the 3rd photo acts as a tensioning/shock-absorbing device when underway. So far,
it has worked very well.

Nicholas
"Moments of Clarity" hull# 334
Antworten