Oven replacement

Antworten
BalladExchangeDB
Capt'n

Oven replacement

Beitrag von BalladExchangeDB »

Hello,

I'm looking for a new oven to replace my original orange ENO oven (see attached picture). I like the ENO Le Gascogne, but I don't think this will fit without dramatically modifying the current layout.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a type of oven that will fit without modifying the current set-up too much. It also has to be possible to use the plate to cover the oven when it is not used. Most Modern ovens have large panholders and therefore needs a lot of space.

Any other suggestions or experiences are more then welcome.

Regards Armand
Ballad 1252
http://blogger.xs4all.nl/wwweb
BalladExchangeDB
Capt'n

Re: Oven replacement

Beitrag von BalladExchangeDB »

msn-patentnick1 wrote on Mar 2, '05

Hi:

Three years ago, I replaced the original two-burner stove with a unit from SMEV with three burners and an oven. (I wanted a unit with an oven so I had to get rid of the storage space beneath the old stove) More importantly, it fits the space, requiring only two small pieces of 15mm plywood—one on each side—as it is slightly less wide than the opening. It was a straightforward job. Photos enclosed.

Nicholas
msn-duchess191 wrote on Mar 2, '05
How gleaming and new looking! After 1 season our new cooker (burners and grill only) looked rusted and ancient - very disappointing. Can you still store stuff in behind the cooker - all the crockery?
Janie
msn-patentnick1 wrote on Mar 2, '05
Hi Janie:

Thanks for your comments. No, I don't store stuff behind the cooker because if I do I can't use the gimbals. Anyway, all the pots and pans fit in the oven, and there's some space below the unit. "Moments of Clarity'" is the version with two outboard berths above the settees and no quarter berth, so there're acres of storage space.

Nicholas
msn-baludick wrote on Mar 5, '05
Hi Nicholas and Janie,

Better not let my wife see that gleaming SMEV cooker! She is not convinced by the safety of paraffin when lighting the meths primer for Balu's original primus stove!

Dick
jespermilling wrote on Mar 6, '05

By gully, I would
make my wife happy onboard the yacht, before anything else!

Venlig Hilsen / Kind regards
Antworten